New From LiA: Commissions (The Official Launch!) – Lost in Anime
As promised, as a part of the brand new period for LiA I’ve determined to begin doing commissions. It’s lastly actual – my shingle is out and I’m open for enterprise. It is a new enterprise for me and as such, I count on there to be a great deal of trial and error to the rollout – please bear with me!
I do have some bigger initiatives in thoughts, which I can be funding utilizing the normal crowdfunding technique – that’s, “All or Nothing”, the place your pledge isn’t accepted till the general mission aim has been met. I plan to fund these by means of Indiegogo, and I’ll present hyperlinks right here because the initiatives go surfing. Search for the primary of these to go dwell within the subsequent few days (if you happen to observe me on Twitter you may have a good suggestion what it is perhaps).
When you have some some particular concepts for initiatives you’d prefer to see crowdfunded – anime, manga, TV, regardless of the case could also be – let me know and I’ll discover the potential of itemizing them at Indiegogo. I’m open to the concept of doing episodic “From the Vault” or chapter/quantity manga opinions, however the fee will clearly be significantly increased than single-post sequence opinions. I’m focused on your opinions on that, so please share them within the feedback. It could be potential to do a “pay as you go” mannequin with these, the place I do one other episode/quantity each time a funding threshold is reached (that could possibly be performed although current help channels). My default with new initiatives is “when unsure, ask me”. I’m open to any solutions you may have.
This submit particularly is about single-user commissions – smaller undertakings with a decrease value viability threshold for me. What I’m going to do for now’s pin this charges record, and if you happen to’d prefer to fund a mission simply let me know immediately within the feedback and you are able to do a pledge by way of Patreon, PayPal, or Ko-fi – whichever is your choice. When you fund a mission, you’ll get unique entry to the work for per week earlier than it goes public. I’ll additionally notice who the supporter is on the time of publishing, and supporter recognition can be a part of all posts for that mission.
With that in thoughts, listed here are the preliminary charges I’m going with:
- ”From the Vault” anime sequence evaluate – $100 (assuming I’ve watched the sequence in query). 500-1000 phrases. For exhibits I haven’t seen, we will focus on on a case-by-case foundation.
- ”From the Vault” anime video – $300 (if I’ve seen it). 10-20 minutes.
- Manga evaluate – $100 (if I’ve learn it). See above for sequence I’ve not learn.
- Manga video – $300 (if I’ve learn it). 10-20 minutes.
- Present Season Episodic Anime Protection (for exhibits I’m not already overlaying) – $75/Episode
- Ongoing Manga Protection – $50/Chapter
- Anime/Normal movie evaluate – $100
- Anime/Normal movie video – $250
- High 5/10 Listing – $35
- Haiku – 5 bucks
- Business-themed Editorial/Evaluation – Varies by size and matter. Attain out to me.
- Episodic “From the Vault” Anime Protection – see above
- Chapter/Quantity Manga Protection – IBID
Some floor guidelines:
- Clearly, I reserve the best to say no any fee. I’m not going to take cash to put in writing about one thing I’m categorically disinterested in writing about – that may be unfair to each of us. That stated, you probably have an concept I’m all the time keen to hear – writing about one thing analytically doesn’t imply I’ve to adore it.
- So far as turnaround goes, it will depend on the request. I’d guess I’d be capable to do most one-off requests inside two weeks (possibly much less). But when it includes watching or studying one thing of any size, that’s clearly going to take longer, and that is additionally partially depending on how busy I’m on the time the fee is available in. Attain out to me with particular requests and I’ll nail down the timing as finest I can.
That’s concerning the measurement of it. I’m wanting ahead to seeing how these daring new chapter in LiA’s historical past performs out – I truthfully don’t know what to anticipate. As all the time, although, I’m supremely grateful to everybody who visits the positioning and to all of you who help LiA financially. Thanks!