Spectrum email also going by the name of Spectrum Charter Email is one of the widely used email systems out there possessing various unique and desirable features of its own ranging from managing your contacts to scheduling specific meetings as well as managing your schedule via the calendar. The email, as good as it sounds, comes with its own technical issues as well and as you know even Gmail and Yahoo mail aren’t immune to such glitches.
Now, if you are a regular Spectrum email user then you may want the errors to be fixed as soon as you can. So, here in this guide, we will show you how you can fix the Spectrum Email not working issue and help you get back on track. So, stick till the end.
Possible Reasons for the Spectrum Email Not Working
Incorrect email account settings are one of the most frequent causes of problems like Spectrum email not working on Windows 7 or other operating systems like iOS or Android. Before using Spectrum email services, make sure your email account is set up correctly. You need to be especially careful while customizing your email account settings because different devices have different settings.
Problems like being unable to log into your Spectrum email account because your login password is incorrect are also frequent. It typically occurs when you have several email accounts and you lose track of all the login credentials.
How to Set Up Charter Email on Android?
Now, before you start setting up your Spectrum Charter email on your Android device you have to ensure some things. Firstly, the SSL setting of your device should be enabled or turned on for both SMTP or IMAP servers. Secondly, you need to have a user ID from Charter as well as your email address and password for linkage of Charter email to your android device. With all these things taken care of we can move ahead.
- On your Android device, open the “mail” app and select settings.
- Now select “IMAP” under “create a new email account” on the menu that appears.
- The Charter/Spectrum email address and password must now be entered.
- You must choose “Manual Setup” once you have added your email address and password.
- Now, the next step will require you to enter some information for your incoming and outgoing servers. For the incoming server the information that will be required is:
Security Type: SSL
Username: You have to use here your Charter email ID
Password: The password for the above email ID
Incoming Server: charter.net
- ‘Once it’s done, click on ‘Next’.
- For the outgoing server:
Username: Spectrum email ID
Password: Password for the above Spectrum Email ID
Authorization required: Yes
- Then, select ‘Next’.
Once all of this is done, you will receive a successful installation message saying your Charter email account is set up. You can also, once the setup is complete, configure Charter Email settings for your Android device.
Charter Email Settings Mac: How Can You Fix the Issue
- You may also face the similar situation on your Mac as well. To remediate it, firstly we will have to enter some basic Incoming Server information which would look like:
Username: Your spectrum email address
Password: The password for the above email address
Mail Server: mobile.chartered.net
Enter in the same way, the information for the Outgoing server and once it is done you would have fixed the Spectrum email issue on MAC.
How You Can Log-In to Spectrum Email?
- One thing that you need to remember is that you must have your Spectrum Email log-in info like username and password with you or else you can’t log in.
- So, the very first thing that you need to do is head to the URL webmail.spectrum.net. From your browser.
- Then, on the page you are now directed to, enter your username and password. Once you have entered them correctly click on the Log-in option and you are all good to go.
Spectrum Charter Email is indeed the finest and feature-ridden email service provider. However, if you are facing such Email Spectrum not working issues then the above steps for different devices like android or Mac will help you out.